Five Tips for Managing Your Brand
Here are five things I strongly recommend you do to help manage your brand:
1. Keep your website up-to-date. Be sure it not only shows all your service options and highlights all your credentials (including training and certifications), but also current consumer feedback quotes that are updated regularly.
2. Consider writing a blog and keep it current as well. Here is a link to my blog page so you can see the kinds of things I write about on jerrykelly.com/blog. By the way, you can choose to write the blog yourself, OR you can hire someone to do it for you. Here is another link that can help get you started with other Social Media marketing ideas: ncilink.com/OnlineMktg.
3. Become “Google Guaranteed,” where you offer a money-back guarantee if a customer complains to Google. Learn more at ncilink.com/GoogleGuarantee.
4. Be unique. For example, Jerry Kelly doesn’t do traditional door hangers – we give away recyclable grocery bags with our logo on it. We also usually include at least one “tchotchke” inside – a service coupon, a jar opener, a pen, whatever. People remember this.
5. Then track everything. Without the data, you can’t see what works and what doesn’t. In addition, you need to educate yourself.
Understand whether you think so or not, you are a marketing company that happens to be in the HVAC industry.
Become proficient at the art of marketing. Attend HVAC Industry events to keep yourself up-to-date and take advantage of membership organizations like NCI, Service Roundtable, ACCA, and others. They have great databases full of content that can help you in all aspects of branding, marketing, and more.
Remember: everyone has a brand, whether they are conscious of it or not. Be conscious of it. Nurture it. Get your people on board with it. Then watch good things happen.
Steve Miles is the vice president and CEO of Jerry Kelly Heating and Air Conditioning in St. Peters, MO. He has been with the company since 1994. Jerry Kelly is an $11.5 million residential repair and replacement business with 65 employees and an unmistakable brand identity in his marketplace. Contact him at ncilink.com/ContactMe.