In summary, here are some best practices that can help you be consistent in your static pressure testing and how you report results to customers:
- The more static pressure testing you do, the more you will help increase awareness of what it is and what it means to consumers
- It would be best if you had a cheerleader or two
- Explain to customers how static pressure testing makes air visible, and why that is important
- Educate customers how their HVAC system impacts their lives. Talk about how indoor air quality and airflow make all the difference
- Static pressure testing is a discipline. It is one of the essential skill sets your technicians need.
In the end, we want to use our testing and measurements to help advise customers on the best way to solve their comfort and efficiency problems. Being comfort advisors is what all the best practices we talked about here lead to – that and satisfied
Ben DiMarco is the CEO of DiMarco and Associates. He’s served in the HVAC Industry since 1986 and is a proponent of both the High-Performance and Design/Build methods of doing business. You can contact him at ncilink.com/Contactme.