Bosch GLM50C Distance Meter
Have you ever had a job that had to stop because the physical dimensions of the space were not accounted for when designing a system?
The Bosch GLM50C Distance Meter is a laser distance measuring device with application-based support.
By using the GLM50C and a tablet or smartphone with Bosch’s GLM Measuring Master app, you can enter measurements directly into an image. The app is available at both the Google Store (ncilink.com/GLMApp1) and the Apple App Store (ncilink.com/GLMApp2).
The laser distance measurement has a range of 165 feet at an accuracy of 1/16 of an inch. That range decreases outdoors in sunlight.
Functions in the device can calculate line-of-sight linear feet, square footage, and cubic feet. Other functions are available such as level and wall area.
There are a number of ways you can use this tool. For example, with it you can:
- Do sheet metal ductwork takeoff and layout
- Gather more accurate and clear data for system designers
- Measure cubic feet for air changes per hour calculations
- Measure distances for crane lifts
- Calculate filter area
- Calculate area for traverse calculations
- Create installation location images for your installation crew
- Reduce the need to revisit job sites to take additional measurements.
You can find more information at ncilink.com/BoschGLM50C.
‘ by Justin Bright, NCI Field Coach & Trainer